UPDATED: June 13, 2023
Automatic Telephone Dialing System. By providing us with your telephone number, including on our Site or over the telephone, you agree to be contacted by RJS and contracted senior care network providers to explore options relating to our Services. You agree to be contacted by telephone call or text message at the telephone number you provided using automatic telephone dialing systems, even if you previously registered on a Do Not Call registry, and consent is not a condition of any purchase.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from four main sources: directly from our users or customers, automatically through the use of our Services, from affiliated and unaffiliated third parties, and by utilizing collected information to derive new Personal Information. The specific types of Personal Information we collect depend on your interactions with us and are detailed below.
Information We Collect Directly from You. We collect information directly from you in a variety of ways. Any information you provide to us is voluntary, but please note that some information may be necessary for us to provide you with our Services. You may also provide Personal Information about another person for whom you may be seeking senior housing and/or care Services (“Resident”).
The categories of Personal Information we collect directly from you include:
- Identifiers, such as your first name, last name, phone number, email address, and mailing address;
- Categories of personal information such as physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number and medical or health insurance information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as age, sex/gender, marital status, medical condition and disability information;
- Information you provide on our Site to request Services for yourself or another person, for example your username, password, location, zip/postal code, mailing address, fax number, and email address;
- Financial information, including the Resident’s budget for senior housing options and whether the Resident receives Medicare or Medicaid;
- Commercial information, including records of your move-in status with referred senior care network providers;
- Feedback you provide to us about our Services, including in response to surveys or through our customer service centers; and
- For Residents, gender; household income; budget; senior care needs; and veteran status, as well as other information you may choose to voluntarily provide, such as marital status, religion, or ethnicity.
Information Automatically Collected from Your Use of the Site.
Information Automatically Collected from Your Use of the Site. We may automatically collect information about you from your use of our Services, including website analytics tools or other technologies, like cookies and web beacons (described in more detail below).
The categories and types of information we collect automatically from your use of the Services include:
- Identifiers, such as your IP address and unique device identifiers;
Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the type of browser you use, app version, access dates and times, pages viewed, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site;
- Geolocation data, such as the country from which you access our Site;
- Other information that relates to or is capable of being associated with you, such as information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information.
Web Beacons. Some pages of our Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from:
- Residents (if you are not the Resident) or a person who contacts us seeking Services for a Resident;
- From senior care network providers;
Third-party social media services, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, that you use to interact with our Services (e.g., to provide feedback on our Services) or that allow you to share information (e.g., via plugins, widgets or other tools); and
- Unaffiliated parties, such as our service providers, analytics companies, advertising networks, affiliates, and other third parties that provide us with information, so we can better understand you and provide you with information that may be of interest to you.
Use of Your Information
For each category of Personal Information we collect about you (whether directly or automatically), we use such category of Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes set forth below:
- To provide you the Services and otherwise complete the transactions and/or referrals you request, perform our contractual obligations, and as otherwise anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship;
- Create and manage your online accounts;
- Communicate with you, including by telephone, text, email, and chat, regarding your use of the Services;
- Respond to your requests and any other communications from you, including providing customer service;
- Send advertising or marketing communications about services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and our partners and other third parties to provide news and information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Offer and administer surveys, contests, prize draws, sweepstakes, and other promotions;
- Conduct internal research and development;
- Analyze your engagement with RJS and senior care network providers and your use of our Services to better understand your interests and behaviors and customize your experience;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, error, negligence, and breach of contract, and to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of RJS and our users, customers, employees, or the public;
- Debug, identify, and repair errors that impair the functionality of our Services;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with our business;
- Comply with our legal obligations, including our tax obligations and those related to the prevention of fraud and money laundering, and those required for you to benefit from rights recognized by law or any regulatory requirements or provisions; and
With our legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors in connection with the kinds of transactions described above or in connection with the management of all or part of RJS’s business or operations.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will disclose your Personal Information as follows:
To Senior Care Network Providers. As your referral agent, we may share Personal Information with senior care network providers to provide you with the Services you’ve requested. The senior care network providers may contact you directly via email, telephone, regular mail, or in-person visits.
To Partners and other Third Parties. We may sell Personal Information to partners and other third parties.
To People Acting On Your Behalf. We may share Personal Information with the person who referred you as a Resident or another person acting on your behalf.
To Our Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with one or more service providers we have contracted to provide services to us or to offer the Services you requested.
To Affiliated Companies. We may share your Personal Information with our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
For Our Internal Analyses and Operations. We may share Personal Information with third-party vendors for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as estimating our audience size, measuring aggregate traffic patterns, and understanding demographic trends among our users. The use and disclosure of your Personal Information by these other parties is restricted to the performance of such tasks and is subject to confidentiality.
As Part of Business Transfers. We may share Personal Information as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or other business transaction.
As Aggregated, Anonymized Information. We may share aggregated, anonymous, or de-identified information to our advertisers, business partners, and other third parties that those third parties cannot reasonably use to identify you.
At Your Request. We may otherwise share Personal Information with your consent or at your direction.
Links to Third Parties
We may provide links to third-party websites from our Site as a service to our users, but we have no ability to control nor are we responsible for the privacy and data collection, use, and disclosure practices of third-party websites. When you click on links that take you to external website, you will be subject to their privacy policies and practices and not ours. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of such website before providing them with any information.
All of the contents on the Site, including any images, text, external links, graphics, or any other material posted on the Site, are intended solely for informational purposes. The information contained herein may be written by non-medical professionals and is not necessarily a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment, or diagnosis of any disease or condition.
Please seek advice consulting a qualified medical professional with any questions that you may have regarding health condition(s).
Third Party Analytics
Recorded Telephone Conversations
We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen.